Friday, July 10, 2009

Nugget of Truth

For those of you who don't know Matt and I have really been struggling with finding jobs. Matt currently has a summer job but that is about to be over and we still have nothing lined up so needless to say we are getting very nervous. This week has also been especially difficult because we have had two slaps in the face when it comes to jobs and it is just getting harder and harder to stay positive and hopeful when you have things that are constantly getting your hopes up and then being let down! So anyways with that little bit of background I just wanted to share a bit of what the Lord shared with me this morning...I came across this verse and it really struck a cord with me:

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name, you are mine. When you pass through the waters I will be with you; and through the rivers they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you.
For I am the LORD your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior."

Isa. 43:1-3


My interpretation of this verse is that He doesn't say IF we go through hard times and struggles He says WHEN we go through hard times He WILL be there and we will not be overwhelmed nor will we be burned because He is with us. I think it is so normal in hard times to feel like He is not hearing your cries; but I think God is slowly revealing to me that He is right next to me to catch me if I fall but He knows it will make me so much stronger if I go through the fire.

"but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isa. 40:31

It's sort of like kids learning to ride a bike, as a parent you want to hold on to the bike so they don't fall...but the only way they will learn and become strong bike riders is to let go and maybe watch them struggle and even fall a time or two but you are there to comfort, encourage, and occasionally nurse some boo-boos! So this might make no sense to anyone but me, but I just thought I would share...and ask that you please pray for us right now during this mini fire...that the Lord will reveal his plan for our lives and that He would continue to open doors and show us where He wants us and also that we would continue to trust fully in Him that He will provide for all of our needs! Thanks guys and please let us know what we can pray for you about!

1 comment:

  1. This is so great, Annie. I am totally with you! Jake and I are praying for you guys and love y'all so much! We are constantly encouraged by your faith! :) The Lord will be faithful, just continue to be patient and he will give you his absolute BEST!

    ReplyDelete