Monday, June 29, 2009

Best friends wedding and bundles of joy


So this weekend was very exciting for me, not only did one of my best friends in the entire world get married to an amazing man...but Matt and I welcomed our second nephew...8lbs 2oz Luke Daniel Barnes to the family!




June 27th, 2009- Bethany Ruth Harwell was married to Matthew Thomas Sauers! Matt and I were so thrilled to be a part of this amazing wedding. Matt and Bethany are such a great couple who have touched so many lives. The theme of the whole weekend seemed to be not about the Bride and Groom but about the Lord and His love for us. It is so great to see a couple so in love with the Lord! I really was honored to be a part of their wedding and I know that they will do amazing things for God's kingdom.
Bethany and I have been friends for almost five years now, but it seems like so much longer. I first met Bethany through our sorority, Alpha Gamma Delta. We became instant friends and began to grow an amazing bond. I have watched Bethany's life be transformed by the Lord throughout the years. I have shared tears, long and hard conversations, big belly laughs, clothes, toothbrushes, hopes, and many many prayers with Bethany. She is such an amazing woman and an even better friend...I am so happy for her and Matt and know that they will have a great marriage. (This is a picture with Bethany and all of the Alpha Gams that were in her wedding)
Me and Bethany and our "MATT'S" Can't believe we are BOTH married now!


Matt and I also had the wonderful experience of meeting Luke Barnes this weekend. He is the most precious little one ever. Christine and Dan (Luke's parents) are thrilled to finally have two healthy boys in their family! I already love him so much and I am so excited to be able to watch and be a part of him and Jake growing up. Happy Birthday Luke!

1 comment: