Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Grown ups?

So Matt and I ran some errands yesterday...we opened our first joint bank account and went grocery shopping and it really made me feel grown up and married! So then I got to thinking, when are you considered a "grown up" you know like get to sit a the grown up table at holidays, kind of grown up. I mean you always say "when I grow up I wanna be a..." well when are you considered grown up. Is it when you graduate high school, turn 18, or when you have your first heartbreak, how bout when you turn 21, go off to college, graduate from college..or is it not until you get married, or have kids? I mean am I a grown up now, will I never be referred to as a kid or get to go outside and play hide and seek after Thanksgiving dinner instead of sitting at the table for hours talking? It really is a bitter sweet thing to think about I mean growing up and going through milestones in life is so great, but it is a little sad to be the grown up instead of the kid! Anyways the whole point of this post is just to say that I think I have realized I have crossed over to the grown up side, but if you know me you know I will never fully act like I'm on the grown up side! I'd like to hear everyone elses realizing you are a "grown up" moments...was it your wedding day, college graduation, moving away?

3 comments:

  1. I think the first time I felt like a grown up was when Jake and I got our own financial advisor and opened a retirement account right after we got married. Eek! Only grown ups do that kind of thing! Oh yeah, and when we also got life isurance...that will make you feel old!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wondered the same thing myself after me and Andy got married. I actually remember driving off from the reception to head to our honeymoon feeling strange because I had left my whole family that had seen me grow up.And now I was?
    I love your blog Annie and your lovely wedding pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely when we bought our house! That was a very "grown up" feeling... came with ALOT of responsibilty. I still don't really feel grown up... but that was for sure a grown up realization. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete