Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Name Game

Ok so I know I am not the only one who has been out some where, heard a mom call her son or daughter and think really? You named your kid that? Well let me tell you about the name that I heard at the park today. A cute little girl was named....Oralee! Really? Really? Who does that! Now, don't get me wrong for those of you who know me well you know that a) I LOVE different and a bit unique names and b) I am a southern girl born and raised so naturally I am a huge fan of slapping a -lee -ann -kate or -beth on the end of almost anything, except Ora! I mean can you just imagine this with MY last name? Ha! Anyways, just thought I would share...and I would love to hear some of the "really?" names that you have heard lately!

2 comments:

  1. My favorites are the ones where the first name rhymes with the last name- hilarious. I mean, why would you name your kid Brandon if your last name was Landon or something like that? Or the people who go a little crazy with alliterations. Just too much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Destiny, Faith, Hope, Liberty, Justice, etc. I have a hard time liking names like that. Some are cute, others are not meant to be names. Or what about names like Precious?? Seriously?! You are asking for your child to be a brat!

    ReplyDelete