Thursday, October 1, 2009

Sew fun!

For a while now I have really had this desire to learn to sew. I have sewn before as well as used a sewing machine but I don't have a sewing machine so I never had the chance to really try different things. Well although I did not get a sewing machine (yet) my grandma has a portable one that she has loaned me for the time being. Now as I have mentioned I am not the most patient person when I have an idea in my head so naturally I rushed out to the fabric store bought some fabric and started sewing. Please keep in mind I barley know how to work the darn machine much less anything about garment construction but I did it! I decided to make a little girls dress, I love little girls clothing and I figured it couldn't be that hard because it's not that much fabric and the structure doesn't really have to be great. So anyways I made TWO dresses yesterday and I am so hooked! Career change? I love being creative and watching that creation go from a yard of fabric to an outfit. I didn't use a pattern just winged the whole thing so I really have no idea how they would look on but I am very proud of the final products! Anyways I think they are about a size 2T so if you know anyone who would want to possibly purchase them let me know
Dress 1:

2 comments:

  1. Great job, girl! You should set up a store on Etsy and sell your stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How adorable! If I were having a girl I would be all over it! I don't know exactly how Thomas would look in a dress:)

    ReplyDelete